Gov. Inslee announces Puget Sound & West regions moving to Phase 2 on Monday, Feb. 1
Today Governor Inslee announced the Puget Sound and West regions will be moving to Phase 2 effective Monday, Feb. 1 per his updated Roadmap to Recovery
This includes the following counties:
· Puget Sound (Snohomish, King & Pierce)
· West (Thurston, Lewis, Pacific & Grays Harbor)
This change will allow for restaurants in these counties to reopen indoor dining at 25% capacity through 11 p.m. Indoor fitness centers and live entertainment venues — including museums, bowling alleys and concert halls — can also reopen to 25% capacity. Bars that don’t serve food, however, must remain closed.
In-store retail remains at 25% capacity for both Phases 1 & 2 with no clear steps announced for increased capacity.
Only three of the four metrics below must be met now in order to move forward from Phase 1 to Phase 2 for the other regions:
· Decreasing trend in 14-day rate of new COVID-19 cases per 100K population
· Decreasing trend in 14-day rate of new COVID-19 hospital admissions per 100K population
· Average 7-day percent occupancy of ICU staffed beds less than 90%; and,
· 7-day percent positivity of COVID-19 tests less than 10%
The Department of Health (DOH) will now evaluate and update progress every two weeks instead of every week on the online dashboard.
We encourage you to watch the full conference recorded earlier today at 2:30pm/PT on TVW.